We are proud to be the official European distributor for the range of patented high-performance neonatal products of Cuski. Number one must have is Claire’s NICU baby nest. Claire’s Nest gives the baby in the NICU the security of boundaries that are created naturally within mothers womb, this helps to keep them snug and secure which enhances their sleep pattern sooner and remember for first 3 months Baby sleeping = Baby growing. The baby snuggle nest is available in 4 sizes from premature to 3 months or at your discretion. Nests are used with medical supervision only.
Claire’s NICU Baby Nest
Claire’s NICU Baby Nest has been specifically designed by Claire and the neonatal team in the UK. This snuggle nest is suitable for premature – 3 months or until baby begins to push up or rollover, or is too active to remain in unit. Available in sizes from premature to 3 months or at your discretion, inside nest sizes as follows:
Extra small. For babies <900g (L 32 x W 13 cms)
Small. For babies of 800-1350g (L 36 x W 18 cms)
Medium. For babies of 1300-2250g (L 43 x W 20 cms)
Large. For babies > 2250g (L 50 x W 21 cms)
- Claire’s NICU baby Nests are used with medical supervision only, HOSPITAL USE ONLY
- Any baby nursed prone or lateral within Claire’s Nest MUST be monitored via a cardio respiratory monitor or apnoea box. This should be discussed and explained to parents. Safe sleeping with regards to reducing cot death risk, should always be discussed with parents in accordance with current health care guidelines.
- Temperature control is important when using Claire’s Nest, as it provides a thermal environment for the baby. The baby’s temperature should be checked prior to placing in the nest, and 1 hour later to avoid overheating. Temperatures should be observed regularly, and incubator temperatures adjusted as needed.
- Position change in babies should be regular over the day. This has shown to help reduce head moulding and flattening in some babies, and provides regular pressure care reliefto support good skin integrity. Lateral and Prone positioning has also shown to improve digestion and respiratory effort in some babies.• When positioning in Claire’s nest, the baby should be able to move their arms and hands, allowing movement towards their face and mouth, giving them the opportunity to selfcomfort.
- When using Claire’s nest try to help the baby maintain a flexed, midline position with the feet snugly at the base of the nest.
- The nest straps can be used to supportively draw the nest in to the baby. Movement should never be restricted or prevented.
- The individual needs of each baby should be assessed. If unsure about positioning, staff should seek guidance from their Clinical Educator or ward Physiotherapist.
- Do not use if any component is broken or missing.
- Nest sizes are provided for guidance only. Always assess each baby individually, and use an appropriate sized nest . Bertie positioning aid can be used to help customiseeach nest for individual use.
- Nests are recommended strictly for hospital use only.